Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sunshine Saturday

Woke up at 6AM w/o the help of the alarm clock.  Brewed a nice pot of coffee, loaded up the truck and drove out to Bradley's Country Store.  BCS was having a "festival day," which involved a 5k.  About 70 runners participated, but I didn't.  I was a little worried about racing a 5k with my achilles tendon, and believe me, when the gun goes off I can't just back down.

Anyway, I watched some friends race, they kicked butt, and then we went out on a bike ride.  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/57316166   It was a little chilly at first, b/c I didn't have any arm warmers, but about 20 minutes in, I felt fine.  This was the second time I have ridden with this group, and I really enjoyed it.  These guys (and gals) are much better than I am, but with doing a paceline, I can pretty much hang (at leat up to 50 miles right now).  Anyway, they are doing a 50 miler tomorrow, and I'm not sure if I am going to go b/c my achilles tendon was getting tender during the ride.  I feel like I need to rest it some more. 

Haven't done any running since last sunday, and if i run tomorrow it will be a 3 mi recovery run to test my AT.  But I can live with that, b/c if I am not healthy....   that is a no-no.

I was in line for Harry Potter today and the guy beside me showed me a text message about triathlons.  Turns out I had forgotten that my wife and I were wearing red hills triathlon shirts.  And it turns out that this guy is from Panama City, drove over with his girlfriend and their kids to watch Harry Potter on the IMAX (it was AWESOME), and is a triathlete.  He has done gulf coast 70.3 4-5 times, so next time I head over to PCB I intend on giving him a call.

So now I have met two pretty cool triathletes associated with PCM -- him and turbo.

No comments:

Post a Comment