Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Short Work Week

It is Wednesday morning, my Friday since tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  So far I have picked it up a notch this week.  Since Monday, I have been waking up at 5AM.  I don't start getting ready for work until 7:30, so that gives em 2.5 hours to wake up, drink coffee, exercise, and play on the spanktranet.  So far, so good.  I have been able to get in some good stationary bike rides, core work, and jog some.  This morning, I warmed up for 20 min on the bike and then jumped in to PX90 CardioX.  I am CardioX's bitch, but I think this cross-training, expecially during the winter months, will really show positive results come next year.

I tried jogging yesterday morning, and did an easy 2.5 miles.  Although I had been pain free since Monday, the left achilles tendon started tightening up toward the end of the run.  It was a little tender yesterday and is still a little tender today.  I have got to work up an alternative to not running, b/c if I don't run this week, it will be two weeks of training for the Tallahassee Marathon that I have forgone.  Maybe do some water running in the pool and start swimming again.  I don't now.

I have to balance wanting to run the Tallahassee Marathon v. staying health for tri season.  As much as I want to run a marathon, that is only a training goal for 7.03 and IMFL.  Then again, I really don't want IMFL to be my first marathon.  Hopefully I can shed some of this weight and that will ease some of the stress on my AT and then it will get healthy.  I really gotta get down to racicng weight.

Oh yeah, tomorrow is the first day of hunting season.  I will probably buy my license tonight, so that will interrupt my AM training for awhile; although, I may try to do something mid-morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment