Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday

Ahhhh, I feel so much better.  Ran a easy 3 mi "recovery" run with the wife yesterday, and did a 10 mile trail run this am.  My achilles tendon (rt) has been a little sensitive these last two days, so I have started stretching and icing it, but it held up pretty good today and I was able to kick it up a notch the last 5k of my trail run this morning.  Right now I am sitting on the couch wearing my skinz compression tights (love 'em), just finished eating (ok 2 bowls, I should have had one) my own version of 1 Fresh Stir Fry -- whole wheat spaghetti, baby corn, black beans and roasted almonds, with some spag sauce.  I am stuffed -- did I mention I had 2 bowls.  Oh well, I acknowledge that portion control is a problem w/me. 

I feel good though that I felt decent for the run.  With any luck, maybe I'll ride my bike this pm, or at least ride the stationary bike. 

I was on slowtwitch today reading about clearwater yesterday and it has me all fired up all over again.  Three of my club members -- Seeley Guiterez (I may have misspelled Seely's last name), Sandy Holt and Charlie Johnson -- raced clearwater.  Sandy and Charlie did IMFL last weekend too.  Hard-core, and proud of them.

Oh yeah, I rec'd the e-mail from IMFL Friday that enabled me to finalize my registration, so I am officially in it baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment