Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Today is the first day....

The good thing about being 11 months away from IMFL is that there is always tomorrow (for a limited time anyway).  So after a bad weekend, I have (once again) re-started my training... kinda.  Since I can't run, I am trying to focus on swimming (even though the low this week is 21 or so), px90, and maybe some light spinning.  Slept in Monday morning, hit the pool during lunch, ate a mostly reasonable dinner.  Well, reasonable for me considering the crappy weekend I had (sushi and a slice of pizza), but not as good as Turbo, who apparently had broccoli and egg whites.  There are some levels of fitness that I am simply not yet willing to attempt.

Woke up at 5 this am (actually 4:57, so my body is getting used to this), spun an easy 20 min, ab ripper x (349 crunches), and 3x7 pushups.  And I still have 50 minutes until I need to start getting ready for work.  If I was healty I would do another px90 routine -- maybe cardio, yogo, or kenpo x, but won't even risk it with my inflamed achilles tendon.  It is still verrrrry sore.  Good news is that my yearly check up is tomorrow so I will bring it up with the Dr.

So for the 2010 running year, my best running times/distances are:
1 mile -- 6:11:09 (track)
5k -- 21:48 (hilly road)
4 mi -- 37:58 (hilly trail)
8k -- 41:34 (hilly trail)
10k -- 53:34 (hilly road)
12k -- 1:14:11 (flat road)
10 mile -- 1:27:24  (hilly road)
20k -- 2:04:10 (hilly trail)
13.1 -- 2:13:56 (flat road -- Augusta 70.3)

Will see how much I can improve for 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment