Saturday, December 4, 2010

10 Mile Challenge

So today I raced in the 10 Mile Challenge.  It was 42 at start, and was 57 about the time I finished.  Brought plenty of different clothes to see how I felt, and 2 pair of shoes (Mizuno Wave Creation and K-Swiss K-Ona).  I decided to go with the MWC, as that is what I have been wearing during my longer training runs -- the heel sits a little higher and strains the achilles tendon less.  That was a mistake.  I now realize reason #2 why my achilles tendon hurts -- in addition to running slower (i.e., on my heels), I switched from my K-Ona (racing shoes) to the MWC with a drastically different setup.  So at mile 2, my achilles tendon really starts hurting and so does my foot.  I walk, jog, take it easy.  Get to mile 5 (the 10 mile challenge is a 2x5 mile loop), and jumped off course and went to my truck and changed back to my K-Ona's.  Night and day.  It was so much easier to run in them and my times showed.  My first 5miles was about 45, and second lap was about 42?  Plus my running was more consisent. 

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/58758493

Afterward -- Starbucks for Toffee Mocha and perfect oatmeal, shopping, then Siam Sushi (Siam Mini Roll and Sweet Potato Roll, and salad for $9).  Yum.  Next.  XX while I wait for FSU v. Va Tech.  Go Noles!

No comments:

Post a Comment