Friday, December 3, 2010

Fry-Day

Long week is coming to a close.  The last couple of days, I have been pretty sore when waking up.  I take that as a good sign that I am (finally) starting to work my body some.  As much as I hate it, I absolutely love that feeling, stretching and feeling the soreness in muscles I fogot I had.  And drinking coffee on a cold morning.  That is pretty cool also.

Achilles tendon is getting better but still acting up; however, I think I have figured out what happened (i.e., same thing as last year, I just figured it out quicker this year).  When I train for marathons, I slow down for longer runs.  Unfortunately I shorten my stride, which means I do a lot more heel-striking than normal... thus, achilles tendon issues.  Luckily I have remembered this in early december, as opposed to the end of january last year.  So, I think I am still on track for the Tally Marathon, so long as I focus on proper running techniquie (i.e., no more heel-striking).  We will find out this weekend, as I am going to shoot for the 10 mile challenge.  My training plan calls for a 12 mile run, but since this weekend will be 3 weeks since I have "run," and the 10 miles is in a race, that should be just fine.  I'll just have to remember to HTFU. 

Not swimming this am, as it is 29 deg outside.  I'll try to knock that out at lunch.  Was able to warm up on the spinner and do abripperx this am, and my push/sit-up challenge (today was 3x3 for each).

Afraid to weight myself, after thanksgiving and eating a lot this week.  I am hungry all the time now, which is a good sign that I am starting to work harder.  I just have to focus on managing proper eating habbits.

No comments:

Post a Comment