Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday -- Empty Office

Ok, so today -- on my last day before a 2 week christmas break -- most of my employees are out of the office.  So, here is to hoping that it is a quiet day.  This week has been sort of a transition for me.  My achilles tendon has really gotten better this week.  Swelling is pretty much gone, except for a small knot on my achilles tendon.  No longer sore when walking.  I can still feel a twinge of pain when I stretch, but that is when I am really stretched out.  I haven't tried running on it yet, but in no rush since I am not running the Tallahassee Marathon.  I have decided to make sure I am 100% for my training for... wait for it... IMFL!!!!!

Ok, exercie this week has been riding the trainer, riding the stationary cycle, riding the spinner, abripperx 2x, and some stretching during lunch at the gym at work.  It is finally no longer freezing so I am going to start swimming again.

I am really looking forward to next two weeks.  I plan on doing a lot of bike riding and seeing how my achilles tendon feels.

I previously mentioned that I had my annual checkup last week.  Well the results from my blood testing came back last week:

Cholesterol -- 182, compared to 151 (2009), should be less than 200
Triglyceride -- 224, compared to 259 (2009), should be less than 150
HDL -- 34, compared to 28 (2009), should be greater than 50
LDL -- 103, compared to 71 (2009), should be less than 100
Vitamin D -- 33.3, compared to 31.6 (2009), should be greater thsn 32

Doc ordered me to cut carbs, animal fat and cheese and to double up on my flax, fish oil and vitamin D.  So some gains, some losses... makes me really regret not sticking around my lowest weight of 186.  Since I quit training for August (actually quit in week 12 of a 18 week training plan), I have gained weight.  I raced Augusta at 202 (Sept 27), and am now hovering around 205.  I really have to get back under 200.  My goal is 180.

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered that you have a blog!! I am excited to see this and to follow your progress. Having battled a tendonitis thing since August, I am hopeful that you can put yours to rest. I want the same thing for me!!

    ReplyDelete