Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December Challenge

So I started swimming this week.  Monday and Wed in the pool at 5:30.  I can tell I haven't swam in 2 months, but my times are faster than when I started training for IM 70.3 Augusta (8 or so seconds per 50).  Very happy with that, although I still have a long way to go.

I've been on Twitter lately, and have some tri friends in the UK across the pond.  One of them challenged me to run at least one mile every day in December.  Sounds fun.  Then she made it really interesting.  3 times x number of push-ups every day for 100 days (i.e., day one is 3 sets of 1, day 2 is 3 sets of 2, day 3 is 3 sets of 3, etc. to day 100).  Damn, but I am a sucker for challenges, so it is on like Donkey Kong!

So after swimming 1000 m this am, spinning for 30 min and running a mile this am, I have to do three push-ups after I eat this bowl of spaghetti.  Ok.  Still not running much, but fully intend to run the 10 mile challenge this weekend.  If my body holds up, I am gonna keep shooting for the Tallahassee Marathon.  If not, I am gonna write that off and just get back in the tri and core business.

PS.  It is finally cold!!!  Supposed to be 27 tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment