Monday, December 27, 2010

Halfway through

my christmas vacation, and you can probably tell from the lack of posts in the last week that exercise has not exactly been a priority.  I went out on the bike for 1.5 hours last monday (yes, a week ago), and my achilles tendon really started hurting about 30-45 min in, so I have been taking it easy.  I figure if I can't pedal a bike, I better not even try running.  I have started swimming (well, I swam once last week) again, and Sissy got me some new swim gear -- flippers, paddles, etc. so I figure that will help out. 

I have also been eating a ton of junk/holiday food and have had a slight cold/allergies the last couple of days.  My weight has ballooned to 209, a far cry from my 186 during race season, and the 175 I want to be at this coming race season. So when my training schedule for Gulf Coast 70.3 starts on 1/1/11, I will have my work cut out for me.  As much as I enjoy the holidays, I can't wait for them to end so I can get back in a routine.

Today I may try cycling on the indoor trainer some (too cold and windy out there).  But first I want to really warm up and stretch my achilles tendon.  Don't know when my next post will be, but if you don't see it that means I'm not exercising.

No comments:

Post a Comment