Sunday, October 30, 2011

Countdown to Ironman Florida

In six days, I will hopefully be on the run course, making my way to the finish line at Ironman Florida.  Training has been pretty interesting, definately a learning experience.  Especially when trying not to make a sprained ankle and weak achilles tendon any worse.

I'd love to write this great post about training or what I have learned; however, I  don't really have much to say.  All the training is in the bank, all I can do now is wait and rest and try not to eat too much Halloween candy.  Calm, ready.  A little unsure of the run, never having run a marathon before.  Not scared.  Not now at least.  Maybe it will kick in at swim start when I go off with 2,000 other triathletes. 

So, Wed, I'll drive over to Panama City Beach, check into Sunset Inn and take it from there.  I guess in the meantime, I need to start packing things, maybe print the IMFL athlete guide and event schedule.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment