Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pre-Race IMFL

Man, I have been dreaming about this moment for a year.  Waking up Thursday morning at the Sunset Inn in Panama City Beach Florida, a few days before Ironman Florida.  So far, it is everything I thought it would be.  Cool weather, beautiful view of the sunrise/beach, great coffee, quiet time, and... well blogging on my laptop (yeah, I know I'm being "that guy," but who am I to care).

I feel so relaxed and calm.  I could just fall asleep right now.  God the beach is so beautiful and waves sound so incredible.  I could die right here and now and wouldn't regret a thing.

Ok, back on point.  Maybe it is just the inexperience, or the denial, but I'm not worried about the race.  It is what it is.  Long, slow, painful distance.  In between issues from my sprained ankle in May and being hit by a car about a month ago, I am sure it is going to be very painful and probably take me a long time to recover, if at all.  But, I am not going to let that stop me -- going back to a quote from my very first post in this blog....   "I was overwhelmed with the volume and determination of all the athletes on the course, and if any doubts had existed re whether I was going to do 2011 IMFL, they disappeared instantly".  http://jhand850.blogspot.com/2010/11/2011-ironman-florida.html

Saturday will bring whatever it brings.  Until then, I am going to just rest, relax and soak up the whole experience.  I paid for this.  I am vested in this through my own blood, sweat, and tears.  I deserve this moment, this tranquility.  Because Saturday, it... is... on!

No comments:

Post a Comment