Friday, October 21, 2011

Ketchup

Been a while since I posted, but things have been incredibly busy.  This will be a short summary of what has been going on.

After the long training weekend in PCB, the next week was another long week.  Had a family vacation planned in Lake Burton, Ga (near the Tenn/NC/Ga state lines), so had to ride 100 miles on the trainer Friday morning, run errands after that, then drive up the about Lawrenceville Friday night.  Saturday am, finished the drive to Lake Burton.  Was supposed to swim an hour, but although the house was at the lake, it was not on the lake.  Rather about 500 feet above the lake.  Plus the water temp was 53.  So no swimming for me (although I did look for public access).  On the other side of the lake was where the tornado hit in April.  Scary.  Lake Burton/Clayton Ga is really neat, and if you get a chance check it out.  The Ingles is really cool, and has a Starbucks in there.  Sat PM, my brother and I rode mountain bikes for an hour.  All on road, basically down to the lake, around some, and back.  22 min out 48 min back.  The road we were staying on (from the turn-off at the lake) was a mile long and had 500 feet of elevation, some parts I swear were at a 13-15 % grade.  We almost had to get off the mtn bikes and push, it was that steep.

Sunday, I was supposed to run 20 miles.  I tried to find the flattest road possible.  So I found a 10 mile out and back, from the bottom of the hill the road is on to Tiger, Ga.  Map didn't truly explain the 1000 feet of elevation (the mountain) in the middle of the route.  Energy held up, but my mile 7 my left foot stated hurting, and I noticed every time I hit uphill it would feel like it was cramping.  Felt kinda like my plantar, but more on the side of the inside of my foot.  So I got to Tiger, 10 miles and called it quits.  No need to injure myself.  

My bro and I also rode mtn bikes for another hour Sun pm.  Singletrack, kicked our ass.

Monday, we drove back.  Stopped in Hotlanta for some shopping (All3sports didn't have anything I wanted), and the 7 hour drive ended up taking 10 hours.  Exhausting.

Tuesday, supposed to swim, but slept in.  Felt like crap.

Wed, did a combo of part of Tue and part of Wed workouts.  Swam, first time since last thursday.  Felt back, low energy.  Still not recovered from the trip.

Thurs.  Had the sniffles all day.  Supposed to run 20 miles to make up for not doing it this weekend.  Ran after work, started around 7pm.  Did ok to mile 10, then lost concentration and splits started slowing down.  By mile 12 my left foot was getting tender.  By mile 13-14 both hips were getting sore, next mile right foot getting tender.  My splits were getting slower and slower.  So I forced myself to get to mile 16 and then called it quits.  Energy-wise, I felt ok, body was just hurting.  I think I am just not used to running this many miles in a week and my joints paid for it.  But I think I stopped before injury.  We will see.  Afterward took a bath, but the water was lukewarm.  Got the shakes so bad that I almost couldnt' climb out of the tub.  Tried to eat a granola bar and shook so bad that I couldnt' hold the bar and dropped it.  So went to bed without eating anything.

Got pretty cold during the run, so wondering if that is it.  Felt ok during the run though, wore compression socks, tri uniform, visor and cotton gloves.  HR was low the whole time.

Friday -- slept in.  Skipped the swim.  Will see about making it up tonight or tomorrow.  Feel better after a crappy night's sleep.  Hips don't hurt, feet mildly sore, but more of that "well-used muscle" sore feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment