Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week 4 -- Recovery Week

This has been a very busy week, work wise -- so I am grateful it was a recovery week.  Nevertheless, a lot went down this week.  Here is the recap.

Monday, my Felt F35x cyclocross bike came in.  I took it out for a spin Monday pm, and it was fun.  I slept in Monday, so missed my swim session.

Tuesday it rained, but I was able to do my swim -- a test session.  I found out that. My t-pace has dropped from 1:52 on 12/30/10 to 1:49 on 1/3/11 to 1:40 on 1/25/11.  Great news!!!!

Wednesday, i rode the cx to work.  It was fun.  I was also able to do a endurance swim workout.  Since it was a recovery week, I swam 1900 instead of the book's scheduled 2500.  However, I realized that the frame is one size too big, so I had to subsequently replace my stem and work on the seat to find a compromise position.

Thursday, I took it easy, but hit the gym during lunch.  Friday I took it easy also.  I did this, because my VO2Max test was Saturday.  I rod the bike for the test (instead of running), as I have not run much in several months since my achilles tendon is irritated.  Ian, giving me the VO2Max test, also told me that I needed to run/train 4 months for a 70.3, so that seriously put my hopes of doing Gulf Coast (May 7) in jeapordy.  If I don't do Gulf Coast, I might do beach blast oly or madison oly as an alternative.

  I don't have full results from the test, but if I recall my VO2Max was 46, max hr was 184, and i maxed out 90 rps at 450 watts.  The Vo2Max and max hr on the bike is roughly the equivalent to last year's test on the treadmill.  I was thrilled to hit 450 watts.

So saturday afternoon, I took the cx on a 33 mile road/trail trip.  Man, that was super fun.  The stem/seat as adjusted worked just fine.  I also saw several turkeys on cap cir, 2 of which had beards.

Sunday I went hunting in the am, saw a spike.  Didn't shoot him.  Although I later found out that my uncle shot a 6 pointer that night on his way to the stand i was hunting that am.  Sun pm I swam an anaerobic endurance session at the pool 2200m.  I also bought a new scale.  My old one did weight and body fat.  The new one does weight, body fat, water %, muscle %, and bone density.  I need to ride the bike for an hour, but haven't done that yet.  We will see.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment