Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tue Update

For some reason, I didn't set my alarm clock Monday, so I didn't get my Mon am swim workout in.  Not complaining as the temp was 24 or so.  My cyclocross bike did come in, so I picked it up first thing Mon am.  Went to work and found out that my boss is taking a job at another agency, so I am not sure what work is going to bring.  Hopefully it will all work out.  I left work a little early and took the cx bike to Tom Brown park to work it out some.  I really like it a lot -- that sucker is faaast.  Gonna have to swap out the stem for something shorter though. 

So Tue morning, I wake up at 5 and hit Trousdale pool.  It is raining off and on, but I had to make up for Mon.  Today was a Test session where I find out my approximate lactate threshold pace.  basically 3 x 300 with 30 sec rest in between, average them out to get a T1 pace for a 100 distance. 

I previously did this test on 12/30 and my T1 was 1:52 (went out kinda easy).  Did it again on 1/3 and it was 1:49 (I think I knew what to expect).  This morning I really went at it, and it was 1:40.  Sweet!!!  I knew the swim workouts were working, but this is great news.  Really gives me a boost, and now you all know.

No comments:

Post a Comment