Sunday, January 2, 2011

Last night of my 2 week vaca/Tomorrow, tomorrow, I can't wait for tomorrow

It is 6:15 PM, Sunday night, as I type this.  My last night of the loooong 2 week vacation.  I have enjoyed the time off so I could catch up on my sleep, but this achilles tendonitis and sick thing is driving me crazy.  As much as I question my sanity, I am exited about going to work tomorrow.  Sitting around at the house all day is driving me crazy (and is making me eat out waaay too much).

Walked for 30 min on the treadmill today.  After a 10 min warmup, I increased the grade 1% until I made it to 10% -- the max our treadmill will do.  It was a good workout for me (considering the shape I am in and the lack of training I have done lately).  My achilles tendon was a little sore afterward, and I am on my second ice pack of the afternoon.  With any luck, I will ride the stationary bike this PM. 

Training for Florida Gulf Coat 70.3 starts tomorrow morning, rain or shine, sick or healthy.  I am not going to wait to get healthy any longer -- little budda has got to go. 

On a different subject, hunting season has been a disaster.  I have enjoyed being in the woods and the time spent with dad, but we haven't seen jack shit.  Freaking bears have all, and I mean all, of the deer scared away.  Earlier this week I spend 3 hours in the AM, 2 hours mid-day, and 3 hours PM in a stand in one day -- and the low that am was 19.  And I wonder why I am sick.

In short, my alarm is going to go off at 5:00 AM tomorrow and I'm gonna do some swimming.  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment