Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Week 16 -- almost there!

Should be a good week -- Beach Blast is this coming Saturday.
Monday -- Slept in, tired from the 85 mile ride yesterday, but I actually feel better today than I did after the Tri-State century the other week.  Rode the cx to work and back, then went to the Gulf Winds Triathletes meeting.  Reserved a hotel at El Govenor today, then subsequently learned that there was an explosion in on of the rooms Sunday night and a guy died.  I hate to say this, but hope he was doing something wrong, as opposed to the room just randomly exploding.  If the latter is the case, I am cancelling my reservation.  See if El Gov can file a reimbursement claim with BP and blame it on the oil spill.

Tuesday -- Woke up and did Insanity in the am.  Man, for a 40 minute workout, it really kicks my ass.  Sweat factory.  Did the foam roller afterward, need to do that more.  Planning on running intervals tonight, my right foot is a touch sore on the outside (feels like a bruise). -- Edit -- skipped intervals to rest my foot.

Tue night I checked with one of my partners for the Gulf Coast relay and found out she couldn't make it.  I could tell she felt bad, and I hated to hear it -- she would have enjoyed it.  However, it gave me grounds to think that maybe I should just nut up and do the whole race myself.  But for running being behind schedule, I have been swimming and biking on schedule.  I'd say that I am in at least as good if not better shape than I was in for Augusta.  So... why not?  I have decided to give Beach Blast Olympic a shot this weekend and if I hold up with the run -- a 10k -- then I will sign up for Gulf Coast next week.  Went ahead and made a hotel reservation for Gulf Coast just in case -- can always cancel.  Just the thought of busting out on a 70.3 in three weekends has me all kinds of giddy. 
Wed -- hit the pool, did 3100.  Felt great.  Wed pm, stationary cycle for 100 min.  Nice easy spin, low hr but good fat burning exercise.

Thurs -- Great day!  I woke up, well, slept in till 5:30, then work up, weighed myself (195.6 -- woohoo) and rode the stationary bike for 20 min to warm up, then did Insanity.  Man that really kicks my ass.  Went to work early to get my stuff for mediation.  Walked across downtown Tally to mediation -- wound up overheated and soaking wet from the heat and humidity.  First day like that this year.  Mediation went pretty good, but took all day.  After work I went to Tom Brown and ran the trails nice and easy to test out the legs one last time before beach blast.  It was a nice pleasant run.  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/80664435  So as of today I am feeling pretty good.  If this holds up I should have fun Sat.  I am thinking about just going out there and busting my butt -- leave it all out there on the course.  Go all out on the swim and bike and then just suck it up on the run.  Will be a race day decision, but I get the feeling that I want to experiment and see how I do under duress.

Fri -- Hit the pool this am, did a force workout (paddles/pull).  Was suposed to do 2700, but decided to cut it a little short since I am doing BB tomorrow -- so 2200 it was.  All I could think about during the swim was the race tomorrow -- getting myself mentally prepared to be in the pain cave for two and half hours.  As soon as I can get out of work after lunch, I am gonna hit the road.  Feeling good so far.

Sat -- Beach Blast I Olympic -- see separate page for the race report.

Sunday -- Easter.  Spin 30 min easy on stationary cycle in am.  Go to Blountstown in pm for early dinner (i.e., 3:30).  So, half a dozen hush puppies, couple of fistfulls of animal crackers, and 2 fried fish later (I managed to dodge the cheesecake), we head back to Tally.  I spin easy on the stationary bike for another hour, but know that my weight tomorrow am will suffer for this.  I seriously cannot fuck around with bullshit food any more.  If I have to be an asshole from now on, well then so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment