Sunday, April 10, 2011

Week 15 -- a/k/a ain't no swimming this week

Week 15 starts in the morning.  Today (Sunday), I took the day off to recover from the Red Hills Triathlon yesterday.  Probably should have done a recovery workout, or gone on that long ride with Sandy & Charlie, but took it easy.  Plus Eric and Christie had their baby Friday night and were released from the hospital this afternoon -- so we headed over to their house to visit them and the baby.  Cool little sucker.

Will update as I can this week.  My plan is to do more speedwork, more high intensity training, pick up some corework again.  ...  Well it is Wednesday morning, and if I am typing during the morning, it means something went wrong.  Well, I am tying this so something did go wrong.  Let me back up to Monday.

Woke up on time, 5AM, weighed myself (199.4 -- ouch, a jump from the 196.0 I was sat am.  I usually gain weight after a race, but woah!) coffee, and while waiting to leave for the pool I turned on the TV.  Something in my gut was yelling "NOOOOOO, don't do it!" I should have listened.  Next thing I knew, it was 5:25 and I should have been at the pool.  Jump in the truck, and haul ass to the pool hoping that the staff were opening late.  Nope.  Got there and everybody was swimming.  If a lane had been open (or only had one person), I would have gotten in, but I hate jumping in right after everybody gets started.  Just how I am.  So as punishment for being late, I went home and rode the stationary bike for an hour.  Monday night, I rode the bike some more.  Oh yeah, my calves were soooore Monday.  I have heard the sorest the body after a race is 2 days after, and that held true for me.

Tuesday.  Woke up at 5, (weighed 198.6, ok getting better) did Insanity.  Then feeling good, and full well knowing intervals are tue pm, I decided to run to/from work.  So I ran 4 miles to work.  Actually enjoyed it.  Went to Fat Sandwich for lunch.  I have noticed that there is a direct correlation between my stress/dissatisfaction with the legislative session, etc., and my desire to not be in the building during my lunch hour.  I have a fridge in my office and usually eat at my desk while I work through lunch.   Nowdays -- I can't wait to get the heck out of the building -- I don't care if I don't eat healthy.  Getting back on track, Tue pm, I jogged home.  I was going to jog to intervals, run intervals, and then jog home.  I got to intervals on time, but my legs felt tired, so since I am trying to listen to my body more, I just kept on jogging to the house.  So I ran 8 miles Tue instead of 11.  Not a bad idea b/c I need to slowly ramp up my mileage.

So Wed -- woke up at 5AM, (down to 197.2) got to Trousdale on time... and lo and behold -- FWC had their trainees there swimming in two of the "public" lanes.  Actually there were at the deep end of two lanes, so  80% of those two lanes were not even being used.  And they were gonna be there for at least an hour.  So instead of 6 public lanes, there were 4.  I didn't even bother -- just turned around and got in the truck.  Pulled out my droid and checked the times for Morcom.  Hmmm, they open M-F at 6AM.  Well, Morcom is cheaper than the the City of Tallahassee pools, so I'll give them a shot.  Plus, Morcom is much nicer than all the city pools combined anyway.

Roll up, pay my $3, get ready.  Was originally told I could swim in the competition (i.e., long course) pool until the swim team arrived in about an hour.  Then when I am getting ready to swim, was told that I could not swim in the competition pool, but could swim in the dive pool (i.e., short-bus pool).  Well, ok, disappointing but I can live with that.  So I get set up in a lane, and am told that all of the lanes are reserved for a swim club, but I can swim in the open dive area.  Well, ok lanes are not important to a triathlete.  So I jump in... ahhh... the water feels soooooo warm..... really warm.....  bathtub warm....  Start my warmup 12x75, and by #10 I am so overheated it feels like my skin is on fire.  So exactly 6 minutes and 45 seconds into my warm-up, I get out of the pool and go home.  6 minutes and 45 seconds.  So, in sum I call BS on Morcom.  Morcom might as well not even say they are open.  End up spinning 30 min on the stationary cycle while watching Morning Joe.  Yes I am bitching and whining.

Well, time to go get ready for my dentist appointment (fill 2 cavities), and then go to work.  So I am gonna go ahead an predict that I will not make the Chaires ride today.  Call it a hunch.  I should have stayed in bed this week.  Update -- didn't make Chaires.  Not sure what I did.  Dentist appointment went fine.

Thurs -- Rode cx to work -- http://connect.garmin.com/activity/79234070  then had a lot of fun when I rode home -- http://connect.garmin.com/activity/79234065  love munson hills.  Only had water with me, so the latter half of the ride I was depleted (and hungry b/c I was running late for dinner).

Fri -- Swam 2800 at Trousdale.  Good swim. Friday night took it easy.  The Sizzler and I went to the downtown getdown.  Went to Harry's (as usual) to eat, found out there was a 30 minute wait (as usual), said screw this (as usual), and went to 101 and got right in (as usual).  Food much better than harry's (as usual).  Don't even know why I even go to Harry's.  I mean, fine dining and cajun doesn't exactly go hand-in-hand.  Exactly what I told another guy in line at Harry's, and 10 minutes later I saw him enter 101.  Smart guy.

Sat -- Swam at Trousdale, Endruance 3, 2800.  Fun swim.  I hit it hard b/c Sissy was with me and I didn't want to keep her waiting too long.  Stroke is slowly being modified, trying to focus propulson from latter part of stroke as opposed to front quad (will blame slowtwitch if it messes me up), but seems to be coming along.  Went to Filling Station for dinner, it was good b/c not too crowded (everybody was at the Garnet and Gold game).  I really enjoy that place, and love mid-town.  If Sissy and I move and don't move to Southwood (or out-of-state -- hello, DC, got an eye on you!), I want to seriously look at mid-town area.

Sunday -- 85 miles with Sandy and Jamie.  Tough. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/79832833 20 miles warmup, 20 miles 150 hr, 20 miles 155 hr, 5 miles all out, 20 miles 155 hr.  Hills.  Windy.  Tough.  Wheels came off about the time I was supposed to go 5 miles all out (the previous 5-10 miles had been around 165 hr, so I was sucking ass).  Just struggled to finish.  Afterward, I did a short brick... http://connect.garmin.com/activity/79832459  short, but I did something.  Dogs got out 2x sun, so I had to figure out how they were getting out and fix the fence.  Time to just nut up and call Lowe's and sub out a new fence and fence in the whole back yard.  Our house is on 1.8 acres, but a lot of it is not utilized and behind the current fence in the back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment