Monday, March 28, 2011

Week 13

Woohoo!!!  I weighed myself Mon am -- 195.8!  Now I know that is b/c I am dehydrated from the 80 mile ride yesterday, but I will take it.  After all, that is after having a large bowl from 1 Fresh for lunch/dinner yesterday -- black rice, 2 chicken, 2 egg, carrots, spinach, black bean, corn, sweet baby rays bbq sauce, and raisins.  Mmmm mmmm good.

The next few weekends are gonna be pretty interesting.  Next weekend I have either the Dothan crit (followed the next day with a metric or full century ride) or Springtime Tallahassee 10k.  The weekend after that is Red Hills Sprint Tallahassee.  Two weeks later is Beach  Blast, then May 7 is the bike relay of gulf coast 70.3

So anyway, I slept like crap last night.  I felt bad this am, so I decided to sleep in and skip the morning swim.  I will try to make up for it by swimming at lunch.  Figured sleep was more important right now.

Tue -- Swam 1000 or so short course at Morcom.  30 min eash on stationary bike pm.  Still 195.8

Wed -- went to the pool and started my 12 week swim program all over (swimming workouts for triathletes).  Last week was week 12, so I had to restart.  Last time I did the shorter workouts, but this time I am going to do the longer workouts.  I think my body can handle longer distances now.  So my first workout was Test 1.  Basically determine my threshold pace.  Since this morning at Trousdale was long course, my T100 pace test was done in meters.  Last time I did a T100m test wa 2/14 and my average pace was 1:53 (yes, slow, I know).  Today I pushed pretty hard, but have changed my stroke somewhat (today).  I tried to focus on anchoring my catch in the water and then using my hips/core to glide over the catch -- rather than use my catch shoulder to propel me forward.  Anyway, mt new T100 is 1:47!  I can live with that.  The test was 3x300, with each set of 300 having to be within 20 sec of the other two sets.  My times were 5:19, 5:22, 5:20.  I know in the big pix it is slow, but I am very happy with knocking 6 seconds off in a month and a half.  Oh yeah, still 195.8.  Will take it, but I have got to get lower.  Would love to make that 175.8, but I gotta take it in stages.  First break 195, then break 190, then 185, 180, then to 175 and re-evaluate how I feel.

Thurs -- Insanity in the morning.  I still get my ass kicked doing insanity, but I can tell that it is making my core stronger.  In all honesty I really, really need to do more core work.  I got off to a late start that afternoon, but still managed to run 7 miles at Tom Brown in about 80-85 min.  I really enjoy these runs.  Cool weather, breeze, running on mtn bike and multi-use trails.  I do run with my droid and headphones, but use the music to keep me company.

Friday.  April Fool's day.  While I weigh myself every day, I record all my measurements on the 1st and 15th of each month.  So today, 195.6 lbs, 56.7 water %, 23.6 body fat %, 45.7 muscle %, bone density 6.0.    So looking at the trend the last few months, my weight is slowly dropping (not slow enough), h2o is maintaining, body fat has dropped a couple of percentage points, and muscle mass had gained a percentage point.I still don't really understand bone density, but it hasn't changed and my bones are pretty freaking hard anyway so I am not that worried.  Morning workout was Trousdale.  Swam 3400 am, longest swim to date.  Took me 1:18:xx, but it was a mixture of swim, kick, pull, and form drills so time and distance did not really correlate.  Friday night Sissy and I met Eric (my bro), Christie (my sis-in-law) and Charlie and Sandy at The Filling Station in Mid-town for dinner.  It was a last minute thing, but lots of fun.  Springtime Tally was the next day so we had to cut it short.
The rest of the weekend will be in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment