Friday, March 25, 2011

Week 12

So here we are... the infamous week 12....  Last year while training for August 70.3 week 12 is when the wheels fell off and I turned a recovery week into a recovery month.  That has not happened this year... yet. 

Strange, but my first year, the wheels fell off 6 weeks into a 12 week schedule.  The second year (last year), the wheels fell of 12 weeks into a 18 week schedule.  So I expect for this year the wheels to fall off around week 15-16, which just might take me to the taper for IMFL.  So, cross you fingers.

This week has been very... interesting.  I was bitten by a spider Sat, and the infection kept getting worse (the infection was swollen, angry red and 8cm in diameter) so I decided to go to the doc mon am.  antibiotics and steorids later, it has slowly gotten better during the week.  So for some reason I wore a blue shirt on Monday.  Last time I did that, our General Counsel announced she was leaving to go to another agency.  So this Monday... the Commissioner announced that he was resigning effective end of school year.  Blue Shirt Monday sucks donkey-balls.  Big time.  Gets worse, b/c later that week the chair of the SBE resigned in protest of the Commissioner's handling.  So we had an emergnecy SBE meeting.  Plus lots of "rush" legislation and contracts.  All in all, a shitty, shitty, bang, bang week at work.  Lots of stress and uncertanity in the future. 

Training-wise, I swam Monday, Wed and Fri for the first time in a couple of weeks.  Swam 3300 wed, my longest swim to date.  Loved it.  Rode my cx to work tue http://connect.garmin.com/activity/74582393  and then went back to the scene of the crime and rode munson hills tue pm on my "way" home.  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/74582385  Wed pm I was hoping to do the Chaires ride, but had to stay late at work.So I think I just rode the stationary cycle for an hour or so wed pm.  Sissy had girls night out so I broke down and had a little ceasar's large pepperoni pizza.  the. whole. pizza.  damn.

did a trainer ride thursday am, followed by a nice and easy trail run thurs pm at tom brown park.  wonderful run.  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/74911311  Friday I swam in the am, rode my bike to work, and then rode the bike home after work.  It was 43 in the am, so I wore my new Gulf Winds Triathletes K-Swiss wind jacket.  It rocked (and looked very stylish by the way).  Really like how they did the vents.  Now if I can just get some of those new K-swiss shoes.

So it is 11:42 Friday night, and I am watching FSU in the sweet 16.  Currently they are down 8.  Suprise, suprise.  But hey, they did make it this far. 

Oh yeah, on twitter this am I posted a comment to Jordan Rapp, asking him about how to work on the catch when swimming at speed (other than to practice).  In fairness Rapp said that he was wearing a speedsuit to work on his catch at speed.  Rappstar responded with "MORE practice."  Sounds like Rapp knows me fairly well -- what I need, not necessarily what I do.

Saturday I took it easy.  Did a one hour easy ride on the stationary bike in the am, followed by a 2 hour easy bike ride down the smt with the Sizzler. 

Woke up Sunday am, weighed myself -- 198.6 -- seriously I gotta work on that.  We started off Sunday with a swim in Lake Hall.  Water was great, lot of fun George Palmer gave the Red Hills first timers transition set-up clinic and Sandy Holt gave a demo on how to put on and take off a wetsuit.  I got one question -- how the hell do I get a 4-pack like that?  We followed the swim up with a 80 mile hilly bike ride.  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/75370609  There was a pretty big group -- Charlie, Sandy, Mike, Shannon, Brooke, and about 5 others.  Nice group -- faaaaast!  I held my own for the most part on the flats -- my "extra-weight" was great downhill, but I got my ass smoked time and time again uphill. 

Like I said before, I seriously gotta work on loosing this freaking belly.  So I have decided, no more pizza.  What I really mean by that is no more Little Ceasar's Pizza (or Hungry Howie's, etc.).  I will try to make my own pizza -- healty-ish if I can.  And focus on portion control.  But all in all -- pretty good week.














 

No comments:

Post a Comment