Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The (Un)Civil War

There is a war being waged within me right now.  It is a war between Fat Jason and Athlete Jason.  From the looks of it, neither side wants to exactly go quietly into the night, so it is turning into a back-alley knife fight.

  Ok, this is me in high-school Senior year, 158 lbs during basketball season.  I lied about my weight to sound bigger.


   Damn.  225 or so.  Nowhere near my all time high of 237.  I won't post that pix.  It will cause blindness.

So, with any luck at least, my ramped up training for IMFL has caused Athlete Jason to realize that he can't get away with eating crap and then expecting to put out during training....  And, there is no way in hell I am going to suffer this much during training just to burn off fat rather than get stronger/faster.  So, for the time being Athlete Jason is mostly in charge.  Mostly.....

Another thought -- one that comes to me frequently while suffering on race day.  A part of a poem written by a dear friend from times past "'Why?' A lone voice cries into the darkness.  Silence."

No comments:

Post a Comment