Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rambling thoughts during race week

So this weekend I am racing in the Jacksonville Sprint Series Race #2.  I missed the first race b/c I was in Asheville, NC.  Definately worth it, but I am happy to be at my first race since Gulf Coast (DNFing at T2 b/c of my previously sprained ankle).  So really, my first race since Beach Blast in April.  My coaches have me tapering this week, so I am gettting excited.  Nervous b/c I have not run (really run) in almost 3 months.

Saw Marci Gray today re help on my ankle, and getting fired up that I will be able to race hard on Sat.  I was impressed w/ her, and anticipate going there a lot as I get dings and whatnot preparing for IMFL.

During my brick run this am (5wu, 10tempo, 10cd), I ran my 10 minute tempo at a 6:30 pace.  I was shocked that I could carry that kind of pace at all, especially over 10 min -- that is almost half a 5k.  Guess that aqua jogging is helping after all.  Let's just see if I have the willpower to carry that over into the race Sat.

Going to watch a webinar tonight by QT2 re Managing Body Composition, figured what else is there to do on a Tue night during a taper week.  I am drinking a Fat Tire during the webinar, so I am glad I don't have my webcam turned on.  Post webinar edit -- so basically, race weight, body fat, bmi, etc., wise -- at least according to them -- I am probably not gonna be where I want to be for IMFL.  However, I'll have to see what RTC says about that.  Definately need to start focusing on nutrition.  Either way, plenty of time to get stronger/faster/lighter.  And... if it is another cold day, my... ahem, insulation... won't necesarily be a bad thing.

Damn, I feel like it is Friday.  But it is only Tuesday.  Guess that is the pre-race excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment