Friday, September 2, 2011

Weight for it....

As most of you know, I continually struggle with my weight.  Depending on the time of year, I could be 195 or 208.  I guess the good news is that I have avoided going above 210, but the contrary is that I can't seem to get under 190 (I did once last year, celebrated and never saw it again).

Well a brief  recap of this year -- last year I got down to 189, and became complacent.  Slowly gained weight and raced Augusta at 202.  After Augusta, I blew up to 208.  Got back down to 194 the week before Gulf Coast 2011 and sprained my ankle.  In the 6 weeks of pouting after that I blew up back to 204.  Got my shit together, but getting under, and staying under 200 had been a real bitch.

About three weeks ago, I finally got to where I would drop under 200 during the week (to 197, never could get under that), but would binge eat on the weekend and Mon am be 202.  Finally realizing my mistake, I really focused on eating proper last weekend, and it was the first weekend where when Monday came around I was under 200 (well, 199.2).  Mentally a huge relief.  By Tue, I was back to 197, Wed 197, Th 197.... finally Friday -- 196.4!  Whew, another mental barrier.  Just when I need it most, b/c we are rolling into Labor Day Weekend.

This weekend -- any 3 day weeked is going to be a real test for me, but I am at the point now where I do not have any time to waste.  Every time I binge now I am hurting my times for Augusta and Florida.  I know that and have to remind myself of that every time I get bored and look for food.

So, I am happy but going to stay focused.  No celebrating for me, lest the wheels come off again.  I have to balance healthy eating for strength/endurance but little enough to lose 1-2 lbs per week for the next couple of months.  I think I have found that ratio, just gotta stick with it.

Happy Labor Day Weekend everybody.

Tue Am Update -- Epic Fail!!!  197 Fri am, 199 Mon am, 201 Tue am.  Did great Sat and most of Sun, but the wheels came off at the lake sunday pm and stayed off monday.  I can just feel the junk food sitting in my stomach this morning still.  Yuk, I just want to puke.

No comments:

Post a Comment